Gentle Spirit Christian Church
Sunday, October 24, 2021,
Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost
WELCOME AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
FIRST SCRIPTURE LESSON: Psalm 34:1-8 (The MSG)
I bless God every chance I get;
my lungs expand with this praise.
I live and breathe God;
if things aren’t going well, hear this and be happy:
Join me in spreading the news;
together let’s get the word out.
God met me more than halfway,
God freed me from my anxious fears.
Look at the Creator; give your warmest smile.
Never hide your feelings from God.
When I was desperate, I called out,
and God got me out of a tight spot.
God’s angel sets up a circle
of protection around us while we pray.
Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to the Creator.
SECOND SCRIPTURE LESSON: Hebrews 7:23-28 (The MSG)
Earlier there were a lot of priests, for they died and had to be replaced. But Jesus’ priesthood is permanent. He’s there from now to eternity to save everyone who comes to God through him, always on the job to speak up for them.
So now we have a high priest who perfectly fits our needs: completely holy, uncompromised by sin, with authority extending as high as God’s presence in heaven itself. Unlike the other high priests, he doesn’t have to offer sacrifices for his own sins every day before he can get around to us and our sins. He’s done it, once and for all: offered up himself as the sacrifice. The law appoints as high priests people who are never able to get the job done right. But this intervening command of God, which came later, appoints the Son, who is absolutely, eternally perfect.
Prayer, Praise and Offering:
TODAY’S MESSAGE: “Meeting the Need” – Pastor Paul Mark 10:46-52
VS. 51 “Jesus said, “What can I do for you?”
They spent some time in Jericho. As Jesus was leaving town, trailed by his disciples and a parade of people, a blind beggar by the name of Bartimaeus, son of Timaeus, was sitting alongside the road. When he heard that Jesus the Nazarene was passing by, he began to cry out, “Son of David, Jesus! Mercy, have mercy on me!” Many tried to hush him up, but he yelled all the louder, “Son of David! Mercy, have mercy on me!”
Jesus stopped in his tracks. “Call him over.”
They called him. “It’s your lucky day! Get up! He’s calling you to come!” Throwing off his coat, he was on his feet at once and came to Jesus.
Jesus said, “What can I do for you?”
The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”
“On your way,” said Jesus. “Your faith has saved and healed you.”
In that very instant he recovered his sight and followed Jesus down the road.
OWN YOUR FAITH,DON’T RENT IT
- Church office is open. In-person appointments will resume November 1st. Call the church to schedule time with the Pastor. In the meantime, Dana will set up an online meetings via Zoom or Facebook Messenger.
- Worship in Candler Park is praying about re-starting the first Sunday in November. Service will continue to be live streamed via Facebook messenger each Sunday morning at 10:30 AM.
- Bible Study is BACK. October 25th and each Monday thereafter. We are studying the 1 letter to Timothy Chapter 6 at 7:30pm on Zoom.
- Pastor Paul’s office time Monday-Wednesday 10:00 AM till 3:00 PM The Pastor will be off on Thursday’s. Friday’s will be a study day and Saturdays the Pastor will be available as needed or by appointment. For now, Dana’s office time or church time has changed to Tuesday through Thursday 10 AM till 3 PM. She is available via e-mail or text on Monday’s and Friday’s
- We thank you for going to the church website to take care of your tithe, gifts, donations and offering. Just go to gentlespirit.org and click on the donate button and follow the instructions. Or if you are more comfortable with the US mail then send your tithe, gifts, donations and offerings via a check or money order to GSCC 601 West Ponce de Leon Decatur, GA 30030
- Gentle Spirit Christian Church is in search of a keyboard player for Sunday morning services in the park. If you are interested or know someone who is please contact the Church office at 404-604-8124