Our Monday Night Bible Study resumes on September 12th at 7:30pm Eastern via Zoom with a look at the Book of Leviticus. All are welcome.
My recommendation for tonight is that you begin by reading the first eight chapters of Leviticus, which cover the laws for making sacrifices.
Notes for your reading:
- How many times does it say "God spoke to..."? (I counted and found 35 instances across the entire 27 chapters.)
- As you find all the "God spoke to" instances for yourself, ask yourself, who God is speaking to?
- Why do you think the authors of Leviticus used "God spoke to" so many times?
This is the eighth installment in our Monday Night Bible Study series, which began in Summer 2020. Past topics have included:
- Matthew 22:37-40 (Lent 2022)
- The Book of Galatians (Winter 2022)
- 1 Timothy and the Core Scriptures of Gentle Spirit Christian Church (Fall 2021)
- 1 Corinthians (Spring 2021)
- Philippians (Fall 2020)
- Psalm 139 (Summer 2020)
The longtime Vicar of Education for Gentle Spirit Christian Church, Alyce Keener (she/her) has felt a twofold calling from an early age toward teaching and toward God. Her religious education started in earnest at her first vacation Bible school, which spurred the realization at a very young age of how important God and Jesus were in her life. She began to pray daily and later began studying the Bible in earnest in college, where she became involved with the Navigators, later taking classes at Moody Bible Institute. Born in Ohio, she earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Illinois, and was active in local churches, serving on a missions committee, helping develop a church library, leading educational programs and directing a young adults program.