We kicked off our fall Bible study series on Monday with a discussion of the historical backdrop and structure of the Book of Leviticus and its impact on modern Judeo-Christian society.
We will continue on Monday, September 19th at 7:30pm Eastern with a study of Chapters 1-4.
Notes for your reading:
- How many times does it say “God spoke to…”? (I counted and found 35 instances across the entire 27 chapters.)
- As you find all the “God spoke to” instances for yourself, ask yourself, who God is speaking to?
- Why do you think the authors of Leviticus used “God spoke to” so many times?
Here’s an outline of all 27 chapters:
- 1-7: Offerings
- 8-10: Specific instructions to the priests
- 11-15: Instructions to the people
- 16: How to set up the altar for atonement
- 17-22: Practical holiness
- 23-25: Sabbath, seasons, festivals, feasts
- 26-27: The conditions to follow to get God’s blessing
We’re planning to study Leviticus in the following order:
- September 19: Chapters 1-4
- September 26: Chapters 5-7
- October 3: Chapters 8-10
- October 10: Chapters 11-15
- October 17: Chapters 16
- October 24: Chapters 17-22
- November 7: Chapters 23-25
- November 14: Chapters 26-27
This is the eighth installment in our Monday Night Bible Study series, which began in summer 2020. Past topics have included:
- Matthew 22:37-40 (Lent 2022)
- The Book of Galatians (Winter 2022)
- 1 Timothy and the Core Scriptures of Gentle Spirit Christian Church (Fall 2021)
- 1 Corinthians (Spring 2021)
- Philippians (Fall 2020)
- Psalm 139 (Summer 2020)